Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bleach Free Soft Scrub


I was feeling really disappointed after my attempt to clean my cookie sheets. (Read more here.) But, I decided to give the baking soda/hydrogen peroxide mix a second chance....on my floors. I was amazed with the results! Plus, no bleachy smelling house.



I used the same mix that I had tried on the cookies sheets. Just poured some baking soda in a bowl and added a little hydrogen peroxide until it made a thick past. I found that it worked better when I spread the mix (with a spoon) on the grout lines first and let it set for a minute or two.






Then I scrubbed it with an old toothbrush. Yeah, a toothbrush! Haha!!! I felt a little like  Bubba Gump naming different ways to cook shrimp..."shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried..."







I kept a bowl of warm water next to me and dipped the toothbrush in it (because the paste started to dry out). Then I poured water on the floor, wiped up most of the baking soda, then mopped and steam cleaned it with my Shark Steam Mop. I'm so happy I did it! [But, I'm also glad that there isn't tile anywhere else in my house!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...