Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chocolate Mousse {Vegan}


Easiest recipe ever, and extremely delicious with fresh strawberries. I'm a sucker for chocolate mousse, and I LOVE that I found one that is non-dairy (and vegan) and just as good!


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder (I used dark)
  • 1 package soft tofu
  • 3 tsp soy creamer (or almond, rice, or soy milk will do)
  • fresh strawberries (or other topping)
LOVE that Sprouts has non-GMO tofu.


Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Let the chocolate chips cool to before moving onto the next step. My microwave has a "melt chocolate" setting, so I just used that.


 If you don't want to wait, (I didn't), you can keep going, but the mousse will be a little gritty. 



Combine all of the ingredients in the food processor (or blender) until smooth.


And you have, chocolate mousse!



I really want to bake a vegan chocolate cake, with this mousse as the filling. Oooh wouldn't that be delicious?!?!


Not related to this recipe, but I tried coconut-milk yogurt out last time, and I've decided that I like the soy yogurt better. Even though the coconut-milk yogurt is good, every flavor has a slight hint of coconut. It's not too bad a first, but then you kind of get sick of it. I feel the same about the coconut-milk ice cream. It doesn't really taste like coconut at first, but the more you eat, the more you notice it. The soy yogurt (and ice cream) is a lot creamier, richer, and only takes on the flavor that's on the package. This one is organic, non-GMO, and made from soybeans grown in the US.



1 comment:

  1. have you tred the almond milk ice cream? they have it at Sprouts on Jamacha for sure. I don't know about the other locations. It's called Almond Dream and the praline flavor is to die for! Also, the raspberry and chocolate sorbet at TJ's is vegan too :)the mousse looks good. I never thought of that, I usually stick to instant jello pudding lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...