Thursday, February 16, 2012

Accidental Dinner


 I accidentally cooked the yummiest dinner tonight! The original menu was Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crock pot, but I must have measured the spices wrong...because it was so spicy that a little taste of the broth made my ears burn! OOPS. Definitely not edible for me or the kids. Adrian heated up some hot dogs and edamame for the kids, and I started cooking this...Coconut Curry Chicken.

Coconut Curry Chicken

Yesterday, I cleaned out the pantry. I've been meaning to do this for awhile but kept putting it off. My motivation yesterday was that I needed cans! I was secretly hoping that a lot of canned goods would be expired so I could use them for my craft area/desk organization project. (I'll show pics of that once it's finished.) 

Well, only 2 cans were expired, but I found a lot of good stuff that we should be cooking with. (The original dinner recipe called for 5 canned goods!) Two of the things I found were coconut milk, and organic canned pumpkin. I had been thinking all day about what to do with the pumpkin, and finally decided on Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. I am going to put the recipes in a separate post, that way I can include more pics of the process of making them. 

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Here are my two little helpers! Even though they both had already eaten, they loved the chicken and the muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...