Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Sweet Juju


Julian has been waking up the in the middle of the night the past couple days and wanting Mama. I hold him and he falls back asleep, but once I try to put him back in his crib, he wakes right up again! Just like a newborn would. The past couple days he spent the rest of the night in bed with me. No wonder I have a crink in neck and can barely turn my head right! But he's just so sweet...he wants to hold my hand and cuddle with me. Such a mama's boy. 

He doesn't talk much, but he is very smart! He listens to directions, and responds when you ask him questions. Lately, he goes in the kitchen, opens the pantry, and brings out the container of cookies saying "huhhh" and handing it to someone. "Juju, do you want a cookie?", he says "huhhhh huhhhh".

Today I was cleaning the carpet because Isabel spilled her entire bowl of cheerios with milk. I was kind of grumpy and mad about it. But, I went to the kitchen and came back to find him cleaning the carpet too! That definitely put a smile on my face. He even got mad when I took the brush away from him...he wanted to keep cleaning. Even when I'm grumpy he brings a smile to my face.


On another note, I've had a cold for over a week that is just not going away! Today I've been coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose every other minute. YUCK! With a combination of lack of sleep last night, and being sick, I am not feeling like doing much of anything today. All I can think of are things that I should be doing. 

1. Folding laundry....there's a load on the couch and one in the washer and dryer.
2. Grocery Shopping...I'm so anxious about the meals I have planned for this week, as well as other treats like raspberry oat bars, salt & vinegar kale chips, apple flax seeds muffins, and oatmeal for a week in mason jars. That brings me to the next thing...
3. Cleaning out the fridge and freezer....although Adrian said he would do this for me. What a nice hubby.
4. Spring Cleaning & Getting rid of stuff...very inspired by Clover Lane's 40 bags in 40 days. I'm not Catholic, but maybe I'll coincide that with Lent too. 

I guess I'll start folding the laundry and try to knock out at least one grocery store today, or Target. I need tissues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...