Friday, February 10, 2012

Punch it down



I tried to make bread today. This super yummy looking oatmeal bread. I have never made bread before. Never even thought of making bread. We had purchased a few packets of dry active yeast already because we are going to make these soft pretzels or soft pretzel bites. The cheese sauce looks amazing!

So, when I came across the oatmeal bread recipe, I wanted to make it right away! I love oatmeal, and I love sneaking oatmeal in anything I can. Like this oatmeal pancake recipe or these zucchini oat muffins. Oatmeal is loaded with fiber and antioxidants, and many cancer-fighting properties!

Well, the bread was a major fail. Adrian said he liked it...but I'm not sure if he was trying to be nice, or he was just really really hungry. Julian took a couple bites too. I ended up throwing it in the trash. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

We did make the Crock Pot BBQ Ribs again. Which, let me tell you, they are AHHHHH-mazing!!! Super delicious. I must add that, the ribs were so tender, and falling off the bone, that I didn't even have to get my hands dirty. Literally all the meat just fell on my plate when Adrian served it. Even Isabel ate them. Lately, she doesn't to eat anything we make for dinner.




Can you tell how much they loved them?





Such a sweet smile...Don't think she realized that there was still BBQ sauce on her face...
DO IT! MAKE THEM! You won't regret it!

Back to the bread thing...Despite the bad oatmeal bread, I decided I want to try to make sourdough bread. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...