Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY: Make-up Remover!


I've always wished that Costco sold make-up remover because I go through A TON of it. And its not cheap- about $4.50 for a small bottle, and that's the Target brand!

So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I was really interested in trying it. I have to admit that I wasn't too excited because I didn't really think it would work. But, I had all the ingredients at home already, so why not give it a try?!

I've seen lots of DIY recipes lately for a wide variety of home products- laundry detergent, cleaners, dish soap, fabric softener, etc. I'm skeptical to try out the ones that might adversely affect our washing machine or dishwasher (Adrian would not be happy if my latest "idea" broke our fairly new HE machine!!!). Ok, I'm rambling....so, onto the recipe!

I chose this for my first blogpost because once I tried it to take of my make-up tonight, I was ecstatic!

Supplies needed:







1.5 tbsp Tear Free Baby Shampoo (I used Target brand)
1/8 tsp Baby Oil (or coconut oil, olive oil, or tea tree oil)
1 cup Water
A container to store it in

If you have kids, then you probably already have these ingredients at home. If not, you can buy them for about $3 at Target.

First, pour one cup of warm water into your container








Then add 1.5 tbsp of baby shampoo, and 1/8 tsp of baby oil.








Stir....








Your mix will look a little like this






And, that's it!!! All you have to do now is try it. As you can see, it worked great for me. It took off concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and heavy MAC mascara in one swoop. It actually worked a lot better than the best make-up remover I've bought from the store.







I liked it so much that decided to make another batch to fill up the jar.








Now, go make some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...